Sunday, August 8, 2010

Please Come to Boston

aYesterday, we loaded up the family truckster and headed into the city . . . Boston. Steph, Ryan, Nora, Will and I saw the sites of Boston and spent most of the day walking around. We walked the Freedom Trail, which took several hours and covered most of the major historical sites. After lunch at Bertucci's, we roamed the Boston Common and Boston Public Garden. We then strolled over to Newbury Street, a high end shopping area-Hermes, Chanel, Armani, etc. It was a good day with lots of walking and seeing of the sites. Boston seems like a very nice little city.

The picture on the left is of Nora and I hiding behind headstones in Granary Burying Ground. This is the place where Paul Revere, Sam Adams, the Boston Massacre victims, and maybe Mother Goose.

Today, I'm heading to Rhode Island and Conneticut. The plan is to do the Cliff Walk in Newport and then buzz over to Mystic, Connecticut. I'll then begin my long trek home. I'll probably end up spending the night in Pennsylvania or Ohio.

No comments: