Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Clock is Ticking

Well, I don't have much time left here in Spain. I have just 10 days. How do I feel about this? Conflicted. I've really enjoyed my time in Spain and am not ready to complete my studies. At the same time, I am THRILLED to be going home, back to MY bed, food that I cook, MY bike, and the family. I'm hoping that I can continue my studies formally upon my return.

What have I been up to the past few weeks? The last three weekends, I've gone with friends to the beach. Twice to Alumunecar and once to La Herradura. My friend got so sunburned this weekend that she developed an infection in her skin and we had to go to the ER. It only took 45 minutes there, however, and less than 2 minutes in the pharmacy and we were all set. Socialized medicine did not live up to it's reputation of long lines and crappy service. Also, about a week and a half ago, I celebrated my 35th birthday with mojitos, Mexican food, margaritas, and more mojitos. We also met a guy that night who was an architect, boxer, and bullfighter. Who knows how much of that was true.

During my time in Spain, I've met many people from a vast variety of countries. I've kept track of those countries and, in the last 16 weeks, have met people from:

Sweden
Korea
Denmark
Germany
France
Spain
Israel
Morocco
Taiwan
England
Cyprus
Austria
Columbia
Australia
Gibraltar
Italy
Brazil
Senegal
Kenya
Ireland
Poland
Georgia
Japan

I'm pretty impressed with that list!

It's only ten days until I can lay my head on my own pillow. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

Amy Sullivan said...

"architect, boxer, and bullfighter"...ok, so even if part of this is true, still wow.

How fun! I can't wait to scroll down and read more of yoru adventures, friend.