Thursday, July 2, 2009

Arne Duncan & Rockin' Baja


After our morning caucus (7 -9 a.m. & I worked out first-feel free to leave comments about my dedication), the NEA had a town hall meeting with Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan. According to estimates, about 5000 teachers attending the conference were in attendance. Duncan spoke well and listened to those in attendance as much as he spoke.

In a little over an hour, author of Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson will be speaking at the conference and I will be going to hear him speak. I greatly appreciated that book and have recommended it to many. Since I had just a little time to eat, I walked down the road from the convention center to Rockin' Baja Costal Cantina. I am enjoying a mango margarita as well as the salsa buffet al fresco and have some dirty tacos on the way. The music here is fabulous and reminds me of family campout-a mixture of Johnny Cash & Tone Loc. It is a gorgeous day in San Diego and I may spend the remainder of the day at the hotel pool (very upscale) or at the nearby park. Or I may spend it at this table researching how many mango margaritas I can drink.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Looks like my kind of place