Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Crash Into DC

After arriving in Washington DC yesterday on a turbulence filled flight, I decided to spend my morning on a bicycle tour of the city. The tour was great. We saw the Capitol Building, Smithsonian, the war memorials (Korean, Vietnam, WWII), the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, the White House, and just about everything else one finds along the national mall. I highly recommend the Bike & Roll Tour.

There was, however, an unexpected
incident on the tour that occurred when I hit a stump with my bike and crashed into the ground and a park bench. Who saw me, you ask. Just everyone at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and my the members of my tour group. After crashing, I picked up both my bike and self esteem and pedaled on. My knee hurts a little and it left quite a few scratches on my leg.

After the bike tour today, I also visited The Museum of Natural History which is home to the Hope Diamond. I toured both the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden and the Hirshhorn Museum Sculpture Gallery. I went the Old Post Office and checked out the view of DC from the top of the Post Office Tower. I also toured the U.S. Botanic Gardens and viewed their exhibit of Cool Globes. These globes are similar to Chicago's Cows on Parade. They are globes decorated to showcase environmental issues.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Argh! Shiver me timbers! Looks like a pretty fun little tour you went on. I remember walking all that in a day, plus going to Arlington. I was tired. Keep having fun!

Traveling Pirate said...

I think I'm going to try to hit Arlington tomorrow. We also have a reception with Senator Lugar tomorrow.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

The wife and I were there quite a few years ago but didn't even get a chance to set foot in the Smithsonian. We had only a short layover on our way to Colonial Williamsburg. Have fun and try not to hurt yourself!

mikeandkylesadventure said...

Hey where is the new post???

Hello??