Saturday, July 5, 2008

Long long day

What did I do today? I sat. And then I sat some more. And after 11 hours of meetings, I was done.

We again started the morning with the Indiana caucus meeting from 7-9 a.m.. My alarm went off at 4:50 a.m. in order to work out. I hit snooze for a while and only got a half hour of biking in before I had to get ready. After the two hour meeting, we walked to the Convention Center. Our first item of business was to be addressed by Presidential Candidate
Barack Obama. We all received Obama t-shirts and thunder sticks.

We then spent the next 8 hours sitting on our asses voting on new business items and legislative
amendments. Some of us did take a break for lunch and went to a great salad joint called Chop't.

After our meeting, we walked back to the hotel. I spent some more time in the fitness center and plan to go to bed early tonight. Just one more day of meetings! Thank goodness!

No comments: